Blogadda. Who are you reading today?

Saturday 7 January 2012

After a long hiatus

Hey Word!

Its been long since we last had our clandestine tryst. I won’t say that I missed you… You never were a necessity as such but you lend me a meaning and make a part of me complete. The intercourses that we have had have always left me wanting for more. You have always implanted in me a lust that I had to satiate somehow. Today, after days of practicing celibacy, I could resist myself no more and here I am once again, to have a grand communion with you.

During your absence, I read , I reflected, I meditated, I principled and even transgressed those principles. I continuously underwent the change. The learning and unlearning in me kept happening. Some life changing events happened during this course. I got a ‘job’ that the world hankers after. I sometimes wonder, I got something that I know no value of. I tried to be happy.

I was happy when I thought about my loved ones. I wasn’t quite happy (wasn’t sad either) when I thought of me. Did I actually want this? I am yet to find an answer.

Mind and its perpetual quandary. May I release myself for a while from this cage of confusion? Yes, I must for life is way beyond the crossroads that it puts us at or the TWO choices that it presents before us.

I have been reading ‘Walden’ by Thoreau. Every sentence that I understand, my consciousness voices that ‘This is how a perfect life is built.’ Thoreau was a man of true genius and he devised his way to a perfect transcendental life.
Thoreau and Nature are one and the same. Nature being unable to vociferate her feelings, Thoreau voices them. Thoreau is Nature’s vocal cord.
I want to visit Walden once to let Thoreau seep in me through every pore in my body. Walden or any other place of such exemplary beauty, of such panoramic landscape , of such virgin purity, of such reflective divinity. Through the book, I have pictured Walden in my mind. A Walden where solitude speaks, where silence reverberates, where a mind is at its most active state, where happiness is tangible, where life metamorphoses into eternity, where time takes a halt, where age and senility never cast their dark somber clouds.

I want a cottage as Thoreau’s. A cottage where necessity and space complement each other perfectly, a dwelling where Sun’s and Nature’s infringement is highly welcomed, a place where energy is never exhausted and it gets replenished at every moment.
I cannot lead a life as ascetic as that of Thoreau but still I can replicate a meager percentage and imbibe some of his values to improve my life.

Quoting Thoreau , “Most of the luxuries and the so called comforts are not only not indispensible but also a hindrance in the elevation of mankind.” A man can NEVER find solace in property and status. Freedom lies in much simpler items that money cannot buy, that status or power cannot achieve.
When I read Thoreau, I find no pretense in him, no urge in his writes to be read. Those are some prized reflections, something that Thoreau recounts from his experience, from his learning. They are so honest, so rustic and so fresh.

I can well interpret how clear headed Thoreau was. While you read Walden, never for a moment you shall feel dull or depressed. You’ll feel recharged every time. That is Thoreau’s magic. He infuses in the soul a reinvigorated spirit to live, to see life through a different prism.
Walden is a poem, a Nature’s melody that can never become a monotone. A melody that drives you to depths of your inner self or that elevates you to heights unfathomable. Thoreau is a pearl that his book Walden safely caches. While you read Walden, it isn’t necessary that you shall get the Pearl. Thoreau isn’t easy to access , isn’t retrievable but is ever shining. You will be left bedazzled by the Pearl while you explore the Walden. For certain!

1 comment: