Blogadda. Who are you reading today?

Thursday 17 May 2012

A conversation

He asks , “Why do you write? There must be something that drives you to write! You say you do not want to be read and yet you write. Every thing is written for a prospective reader, no? If the reader is not your motivator, then what makes you write?”

I smile mysteriously.

“No silly! Answer.” He says flummoxed not being able to make out what exactly drives me to write.

“ There are times when the mind weighs with thoughts. What do you do with a pregnant mind? You need to bring the thoughts out because they are so willing to be born, to be manifested on paper. There’s an inner driving force. The egg hatches on its own after incubation. The mind is like the egg shell. The thoughts break out on their own after they attain a certain size. They need to be inked else thoughts are evanescent. They vanish! They need to be fettered with the shackles of ink else they fly.” I said , surprised at my own eloquence.

“Let them fly, why do you care? Who cares about them anyway when you never share them with a reader?” He was still unresolved.

“The writer in me writes them for the reader in me! I don’t need anyone else to read them, okay? I am writing and reading simultaneously! Why should I write for anyone else?” I give my final remark.

He had nothing more to ask.

2 comments:

  1. "The writer in me writes them for the reader in me". That's a nice way of putting it. Super like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. writing is the way to express our feeling for ourselves that we know no one understand...

    ReplyDelete