Blogadda. Who are you reading today?

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Pursuit of Happiness.

Yesterday , I registered myself on BlogAdda . With the exuberance and enthusiasm of a newbie, I decided that I will religiously follow it. The first thing, I did after , signing up, was managing my profile and I confronted the most difficult question of this world. "About ME" ... The two words that perplex me more than a Math problem could. My spirits somehow were deterred at the sight of this question, yet I decided to give it a try. I thought for a minute, what I really am and got so many confusing answers. I felt , I will encompass all what my mind is saying into one proper answer.

I reckoned, like every man, my entity too, is a holistic result of so many concentric layers of "characteristics". We go on peeling these layers and every time, the idea regarding our individuality becomes somewhat lucid , may be! I am still in the "peeling off" stage. Some of our characteristics stay confounded until we face a circumstance, that  unearths them. As long as you keep facing circumstances, you find a newer self or may be the same old self with added characteristics. The latter sounds better, I guess. Circumstances don't bring out something "new" but they act as a stimuli to our concealed facts. At times, we seem to contradict ourselves. We, sometimes, appear to behave in two entirely opposite ways under the same situation. That doesn't show that one of the two behavioral ways is wrong or right but shows that some kind of "learning/unlearning" has taken place that makes the 2nd behavior so very different from the 1st.

"ME" is an entity that eventually grows. With Time! With Experience. I guess this growth continues till the last breath of your life. We, unknowingly, strive to find our innermost identities . On a second thought, what could this innermost identity be? May be an "eternal" self that is basking in "eternal" joy. Aren't we all on our pursuit for true happiness? Its a secondary issue that most of us fail to attain that Utopian state but still, we all , with our own sets of methods and practices , aim to reach it.

I believe, as you go on peeling off yourself, things might become complicated but then , at the final stage, no more complications exist. You are one happy soul who knows the ESSENCE of life. What is life all about?
Gaining satisfaction? Yes! May be, satisfaction doesn't lie in material pleasures. Satisfaction lies in "completeness" , the sense of fulfillment. Material gives a momentary pleasure , so transient that when it vanishes, we yearn for a better pleasure. An eternal pleasure is something that renders us satisfied forever. Quoting William Blake , who so accurately and precisely defines actual happiness :-

"Happiness is to see the world in a grain of sand, and Heaven in a wild flower, to hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in a single hour."

A little suggestion, I would like to give. We walk on the same old path, the same weary way that is traversed on by most of us. Why can't we try opting a little different route? At most, we will fail. Why fear failure? Whatever, be the outcome, you will always end up with an indelible experience....The Best Teacher :)

See ya, in my next.

4 comments:

  1. Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned. ~ Mark Twain
    Learning the essence of life takes years on unlearning. In the end, after the layers are peeled away like the proverbial onion, we are most our true selves – without the many facades we’ve been hiding under.
    Love the quote at the end by William Blake. “To see a world in a grain of sand…” One of my favorites.

    Riches blessings,
    Debra


    http://debrasblogpureandsimple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debra! :) The blessings are very much in need :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You write a post every other day.. that's beautiful :)

    Weakest LINK

    ReplyDelete