Blogadda. Who are you reading today?

Tuesday 9 August 2011

A blatant confession of love

She stood facing the wall and Vikram kissed the nape of her neck. She felt a chill run down her spine. A momentary fear overwhelmed her and she hobbled to the other corner of the room. Vikram turned her towards him. They faced each other, their faces hardly an inch or a two distant. They could feel the warmth of their sighs. Nisha was nervous. She couldn’t understand what the moment demanded of her. She felt she could never look into his eyes. Vikram, lifted her chin. Nisha was still looking down, her eyelids seemed to droop down for eternity and her lips pursed.

“Look into my eyes” , said Vikram passionately.

Nisha felt a weakness in her knees. She wished to dissolve with the walls. She felt frozen. Her hands were trembling when Vikram lifted her palms softly, taking them to his lips and unconsciously kissing them. He was now on his knees and Nisha’s palms were in his.


“Do I really have to do this?” , he said adding a forced nervous laughter.

Nisha could feel his laughter ringing in her ears and mustered the courage to smile.


“Nisha, you know, I am not romantic. But love brings romance even out of the hardest of hearts. I am not poetic… Too bad with metaphors, simile and other such complicated devices. So, if you wished this to be a poetic admission of love , then I will have to disappoint you. Unlike you, I can’t play with words, neither do I believe in such blatant nauseating love stories that you so ardently read about. I wonder how people need to twist and turn a simple thing into a horrible potpourri of philosophy, spirituality, psychology, sensuality etc”


Nisha chuckled. Such frank admissions of Vikram were not new to her. In fact, she was keen to know how he managed to keep everything terse, to the exact point.

“Vick, you and your frantic thoughts… Give me a break, can’t you be a bit romantic , even for a fraction of a second?”


“See, when I held your hands in mine, lifted your chin… wasn’t I being romantic? You started dreading as if I were a cannibal … and now you wish me to be romantic again? Woman, thou art the biggest conundrum!”


“Being romantic doesn’t mean showing physical affection. Its something expressed through words, feelings, gestures.”

Vikram gave a quizzed look and Nisha snapped, berating herself , “ Why am I even trying to get such concepts into your frozen head?”

Vikram retorted , “Cut it short and lets KISS!”

Nisha gaped at him. Her jaws dropped down and her eyes flashed.

“I mean lets keep it short and simple”

Neha heaved a sigh of relief and recovered her half smile. She was now quite sure that Vikram can’t be straightened up even if the whole world tries to do so.


“I want you because I love you. I want you mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally. I want you in every possible way. I feel like a small kid when you pamper me. Though I may show that I hate being pampered, but it feels amazing when you run your fingers through my hair or when you give me an unsettling kiss on my lips. I feel profound when I look into your deep smoldering eyes. I burn with passion though I subdue it somehow.

Yes, you may call me a pervert but I lust you. I want to make love to you , to make you complete, to pronounce my ownership on you. I don’t believe in God or any kind of blind submission . But, I feel being servile to you, I want to worship you. I want you in the circle of my embrace now and forever. I urge to father our children and I am determined to look after you even when you become a skeptic downright hag.”


Vikram’s uncontrollable fervor left her blank. His wild admission, frenzied thoughts , his burning passion ripped her heart apart. His words devoured her like a raging storm.
She slumped on the ground with a thud and uttered “It took you five long years to babble all this ?”
Vikram nodded a yes. Nisha continued , “Lets kiss and now I mean it as verbatim.”

He was amazed to see Nisha putting up the demand for a kiss for the first time ever since they had been together.

“Nisha, I mean what I said and I have loved you ever since we are together!”

Before he could complete, Nisha intervened , hushed him up and planted a kiss on his forehead as if she engraved her signature on him to make him realize that he belonged to her.

2 comments:

  1. Love the intensity of dialogue and the tight flow of the story, write more buddy.

    ReplyDelete