Blogadda. Who are you reading today?

Monday 22 August 2011

A missing constellation


The moon loomed over our heads
like a searchlight
anxious to expose
our clandestine tryst .


While searching my reflection
in your dark smoldering eyes,
a meteor stealthily passed by us
and you diverted my attention
 from your eyes to the sky above.

All of a sudden you exclaimed-
“Look at that!”
My vision was lost amid
countless stars.
I wondered what you asked me
to look at.


Following your index finger,
I caught sight of
a geometrical design.
And, you gaily said
“That’s the Apus constellation.”
I quizzically looked at you and sighed.
I thought how unromantic you were.

You sensed my dissatisfaction
and lovingly said
“I gift you the Apus
as a token of my eternal love”

Today, I went
for a lonesome stroll
under a starlit sky
But, could not relocate
the Apus  .
Your astral gift was lost in the galaxy
since there was no index finger
to guide my way through.





No comments:

Post a Comment