Blogadda. Who are you reading today?

Friday 5 August 2011

Yearning

Your fragrance lingers
in the crumpled bed sheet.
I don’t iron it deliberately
to preserve your fragrance
in its folds.
Yes, it looks untidy.
Why don’t you come
and chide me?


The Guitar that now stands
desolated at one corner
longs to be strummed
by your fingers.
Come hold it
and make love to it.
Have you forgotten your mistress?

Your somewhat imperfect
unstructured strumming
always smelled fresh.
Those tunes implore you
to improvise them.
Why do you keep them
raw and unfinished?


And your diary
at one corner
of your book shelf
still preserves your virgin writes
in its yellowing pages.
The same diary that
you had asked me never to read.
I am still abiding by your command
When shall you permit me
to read it?


A flower vase without flowers
awaits your arrival.
The arrival that brought
with it a fresh bunch of red roses.
It longs to be adorned
exclusively by you.
Come fulfill its desire.

Remember, the harmonica
that I gifted you,
now craves to kiss your lips.
Come , breathe in it
your symphony.


And finally,
do you remember me
who has forgotten
her existence
ever since you
went for your eternal repose?
Come to make her alive!   

No comments:

Post a Comment