Blogadda. Who are you reading today?

Monday 22 August 2011

Why I write?

I write simply for the joy of writing…. The precious pleasure that it renders… I write to keep my thought processes working, to refrain them from putting on weight. Yeah, thoughts put up weight in the form of stubbornness , a disobedience that they show  while expressing themselves.
I write to keep that stubbornness away. “Being read” seldom comes in my mind. When it comes, I witness a strange consciousness within as if I am being thoroughly inspected by my readers. I don’t want to be autopsied. I write simply for the sheer joy of writing.
My language may be raw, may be loose but my ideas are firm and I am glad to have firm, well shaped ideas… Words are a medium of expression. They don’t make sense unless they have an idea to back them up. Words are secondary and ideas elementary.
I write for ME to judge the growth of my ideas, to graph their firmness. I can forego words for ideas and I sincerely hope that the latter never diminishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment