Blogadda. Who are you reading today?

Friday 12 August 2011

A dead life

If the stars that
you dreamily looked at,
could fall off like embers
and disappear like small burnt splinters.
Stars , that once twinkled,
now, jeer at my destituteness.


And, the sky shall once explode
under the weight of your
agonizing memories.
It shall fall down on the ground,
lay there supine.

With a sadistic pleasure,
I shall trample on it.


How can I spare the earth
on which you romped ,hopped
walked and crawled around ?
I shall dig it all over
even if I stand amidst
a mass of rotten corpses
and hollow caracasses.

May the sea shrink
to a mere droplet of water
The same philandering sea
that stealthily kissed your feet.
I enviously wish to destroy it.

Life mocks at me at every phase!
The rivers flow to jeer at my stagnancy.
And the wind, purposely blows
to air the fire that is swallowing me
inch by inch!
Is it a mandate for Life to move on?
Why can't it, for a change, come to
a permanent halt?

No comments:

Post a Comment