Blogadda. Who are you reading today?

Wednesday 14 September 2011

An illiterate heart

While you play with metaphors
to envisage me articulately on the
canvas of poetry,
I watch you intently
to color you with my
inarticulate love
through my eyes.

While you tie your love
to a meter and make it
dance to a poetic rhythm,
I dance tuneless and rhythm less
in my unfettered  love for you.

My love knows no bounds,
it gambols around,
like a child
in the wild.
It dances just
for the eternal joy of dancing,
taps its feet to the
inaudible cosmic rhythm.

While you sing a lyrical melody
in your poetry,
my heart hums a wordless tune
subtle and soft like a lullaby.

Over these years,
I could grow a literate mind.
But, I couldn’t grow a literate heart.
It still remains cold and indifferent to words,
but melts at the slightest gust
of a loving feel.

Words shall deplete with time.
Let your feelings talk,
for they are inexhaustible.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment