Blogadda. Who are you reading today?

Monday 19 September 2011

A picture inspired this and I blurted it out

Now, as I grow old,
my body revolts.
See, how my skin
has hardened.
I wonder , if it shall
fall off like flakes.

How, I wish,
I were a snake..
I could have grown
a new skin then,
discarding off the old one.

Pity, it is… I have to live
with this bloodless,
wrinkled skin,
that emits  a stench of
dullness and  deathly pallor.

This was the same skin,
that I had once flaunted off
with flair,
people envied my white membrane.
Now, it is more like a rotten peel.

Look at my hair,
now a handful of
whitish strands
appearing like
an untidy cottony fluff.
It was once thick, rich and flaxen.

My eyes, have now lost their glimmer,
the bold glimmer of self belief.
Now, they  speak of my haggardness,
my regrets and my enduring failures.

Youth is diminutive,
it’s a phase that fleets
within years.
Senility takes over
leaving ghost memories of the youth
hovering around.

Here, I have this  
bowl of Elixir
that shall guarantee me
an evergreen afterlife.
I know, this poisonous concoction,
however, distasteful , it might be now,
shall grant me the boon of “timeless youth”
for I know that the soul never dies, nor it wears off…
Thus, it has no chance to grow old…






No comments:

Post a Comment