Blogadda. Who are you reading today?

Monday 26 September 2011

"The Wall"... Roger Waters , I owe this title to you

The wind that Bob Dylan talked about in his song was rather fictitious... His wind blew with answers to all questions possible...
The wind that blows in my little space is rather irksome...It only asks disturbing questions let alone answering them...

Every morning when I read the newspaper, I wonder "Is it the same world that I am supposed to be a part of? If yes, then how is it possible that the world that revolves around me is utterly banal while the one that the newspaper portrays is ever changing and ever new?"

I feel as if I have been shunned from "activity", from "motion". I am exiled. The world believes I have a communicable disease and it has sent me in a  quarantine thus abandoning me to deal with my ailments alone. I am sequestered by an invisible wall, in a tunnel and I have a territory to tro-fro about... A very small territory. 
The territory resembles the world that I was born in but its artificial. Artificial things are never real, no?
There are stark differences. Like for example, the trees that grow in my territory. The poor ones are green with envy. They envy their likes that grow on the other side of the wall. They are dismayed. They cry their hearts out and have confided in me that given a chance they would uproot themselves, grow limbs and run away from the sinister soil,that  they are rooted to... I pity their wishes. They can never be granted.

The sky overhead... Oh, its relentlessly blazing... burning the "spirit" to live.. Its blue like the sky on the other side of the wall but its inhuman... Its engulfed in a torpor.

I never hear the birds chirping. Yes, I have heard the deafening honking of the vehicles that rattle all over like snakes. Unlike the world on the other side of the wall where dogs bark, here people yap like rabid dogs...the dogs are mute with that helpless look in their eyes. Poor pups!

Everything is caged, motionless and banal. I was healthy in the beginning and now that I have been forced to live like this, I have contracted the disease. I tried to fight it but the disease was too smart to find that one chink in my immune system. It settled on me, firmed its grip and took the mind under its control...

Shall I be ever acquitted from this sentence? Or is it a Life sentence? Please vindicate me, I am innocent...

No comments:

Post a Comment